Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cancun




About three days ago Casey and I arrived home from our short trip to Cancun. We had a rough start to the trip, but everything ended up wonderfully. We were supposed to leave early Friday morning, but an unfortunate wreck on the freeway made a change in our plans. We missed our flight by FOUR minutes!!!! Can you believe it! Of course I was crying and Casey was NOT happy. The only option we had was to take a flight out to Atlanta, spend the night there, and fly out the next morning. We took that option and it actually turned out to be a fun new adventure. Neither Casey or myself had ever been to Atlanta, so we thought it might be fun to go out to a nice restaurant and experience a small part of the city. We ate at Capitol Grill....DELICIOUS!!! Our flight got in late so dinner was the only Atlanta experience we had. We left early the next morning and arrived in Cancun around eleven. The trip in Cancun went from four days down to three. Even with a short three days, the trip was completely worth it and very fun!!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I like it when you post pictures. We had fun with you today!

Stacy said...

So fun! sometimes traveling is hectic, but it always turns out to be an adventure!

Mike and Lauren said...

Sounds like kind of a crazy start, but of course you two made the best of it! And it looks like the rest of the trip was a blast.

Rebekah said...

so beautiful! what a fun get away for you two!
love, Rebekah

Clint and Karley Root said...

That looks so fun! i am SO Jealous! I bet you misssed your little girl! And also where did you get your swim suit?

Seth and Sierra said...

I already wrote this on Brooke's blog, but I'm so stinkin' jealous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Jodi said...

How frustrating that you missed your flight! It looks like it all turned out to be a blast. Sometimes fast trips end up being just what you need (especially with a little one at home)!

Kera said...

how fun! anna said she had a blast.

nickandmindi said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! That's awesome! I love all the pictures! I am sad that we missed it! Next year!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Cheech! Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! How are you guys? We are back and I want to see you guys and your cute little baby! Do you still have the same number? Brooke wants to get together too so we should all meet up! Let me know!

Scott and Chelsey said...

Loved that trip! It was good hanging out with you! We need to play more!

chelsey said...

Hello World Travelers. Could I be any more jealous! I love all the pics though...pretty soon here will both have to start chargin:) Yes Chels...we will know that camera inside and out. I can't wait!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

look at my blog...i tagged you