Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hooray!! I Graduated!





For the past four years I have been attending UVSC, now known as UVU, to obtain my degree in Elementary Ed. I finally did it! A few weeks ago I officially graduated! Unfortunately I was not able to walk at the commencement ceremony because of our early move to Austin, however I was able to celebrate in other ways...

Two nights before Casey and I left for Austin, he surprised me with a graduation gift. He took me to the Stein Erikson Lodge up in Deer Valley for the night. We had such a great time! The Lodge was absolutely beautiful! To make the short trip even more enjoyable was being able to spend it with some friends of ours. Bo and Steph were already planning a trip up there for their anniversary, so we were able to hang out with them the night we arrived.

Last week I drove down to Houston to spend the day with my family and to have a graduation dinner. Sadly my oldest sister Brittany was not able to be there, but the rest of the family was (Mom, Dad, Sydney, Riley, Popee, Grandma Norma, and Grandma Sally). The dinner was wonderful and I enjoyed being able to spend time with the family.

14 comments:

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Well done Chelsea! Congrats from Ami & I. We trust you will enjoy this next chapter of your life. Tell Casey hi for us.

Jo and Jeff said...

Yeah! What a great feeling! Way to go Chels. That lodge sounds wonderful! Good thinkin' Case.

Brittany and Marcin said...

I am VERY sad that I missed it! Congrats anyway! What a great accomplishment. I'm so proud of you! Love you and miss you.

Doug and Brandy said...

Congrats!!! I bet it feels so great to be done with your schooling!!!! Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that is why you were there. Well I am so happy you graduated in style! I had so much fun with you in Austin. Thank you for taking care of me. Can you email me that picture of all four of us at Stein Erickson. I can't get it from your blog because it is too small. I want a bigger one cause it is cute! And also, other pics from Austin if you can!

Kera said...

oh look, its a picture with casey and his best friend, his phone. ha.

congrats chels. miss you guys.

Krista said...

Congratulations!!! That is a great accomplishment. It's so great that you can be so close to your family right now! I bet they are so excited that you are expecting too!

Alex and Anna said...

yay you got a blog! it is super cute too you need to help me out with my layout! lets hang out this week! Congrats on Graduation too! LUCKY!

Alex and Anna said...

what are you up to today?

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

Hey Chelsea!!! I am so glad you got a hold of me through my blog! Now I have you linked onto mine:) Congratulations on your baby girl!! That is so exciting! Motherhood is so amazing and I have loved every minute of it! We are throwing Kyler's 1st birthday party this weekend (Sat. May 24th) so if you are up for coming down to it you guys are so invited:)!! It's at my parents house!

I seriously cannot believe how fast the first year went. So enjoy and love every minute of it!

We have some great friends in Austin we come and visit quite a bit so we would love to come see you guys too! I think he actually sells alarms too so we will have to see if there is a connection to you guys! Keep in touch and post pics of you pregnant! I am sure you are adorable:)

Rebekah said...

Chelsea!
YOU did it! I missed you at the ceremony:( Where did those four years go? I remember when we first met... so many little memories! I must say that I am so happy for you that you have graduated, and you're pregnant.... perfect life! I hope we always stay in touch!
love, rebekah

Krista said...

Hey there... to answer your ? about infant photos... I have Skye Johansen scheduled to do my little guy's so I'll let you know how that goes. Her website is skyejohansen.com. My sis-in-law went with Sara Boulter and they turned out sooo cute. Her website is saraboulterphotography.com. Let me know what you think!

Alex and Anna said...

hey Chels! ya alex gave me the message. I had an indoor soccer game at 6 and then they needed more girls at the game after so i just stayed. how was it? i wanted to see it! do you have DVR? how you feeling?

chelsey said...

Congrats Again! That is so awesome your done! Yay for that! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun celebrating! As you should! Woohoo!