Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fun in the Sun!!




My time in Austin has been a blast so far! There are so many couples in the office which means many wives to hang out with. Our first big "girls day out" was a trip to the Guadalupe Rive in Canyon Lake. The river is very long, but there is a section of it that is made into a small horse shoe due to a road cutting through it. To float the "horse shoe" takes about an hour and a half to two hours depending on the flow of the river. The day we floated, the river was flowing extra slow so it took us about an hour and forty-five minutes. People float the river by renting tubes at various tube rental shops. We picked ours up at Shanty Tubes and loved every minute of our ride!!

12 comments:

Stacy said...

I am so glad you started blogging! Now we can keep in touch better over the summer. Looks like you are having fun too. I had a lot of fun in VA, i am alot busier in UT, and was starting to go stir crazy! Have a good week!

reno and mel said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun in Austin. I'm still sticking it out here in Utah until the school year is over. I'm sad we're not all together anymore..tell everyone hi for me!
P.S. congrats on a baby girl! I am so excited for you guys. Girls are so much fun!!!

Kera said...

yay!!! you started a blog :) that looks like soooo much fun. i would love to come visit after we move!

Brit said...

How fun! So happy to hear you guys are doing so good!! And so excited about your blog!!

Brady and Lauren said...

I'm so glad you found us! It looks like you guys are having a great time in Austin. Congratulations on a baby girl, we are so happy for you guys!

Clint and Karley Root said...

hey! yay for blogs! we are in omaha NE! not that exciting but the summer is 100 times better with a baby! i
I'm so excited your having a girl!! whats your address for the summer?

Scott and Chelsey said...

That looks like so much fun floating that river and what a fun group of girls!!! All the wives are starting to get here so I need to start planning activities! We find out what we are having June 6th! So exciting that you're having a girl. Keep in touch!

chelsey said...

YAY! I'm so happy you got a blog! I think we need to convert everyone out here to the blogging world! It makes you want to do really cool things, just so you can blog about it:) LOVE it! I'm already thinking about our next Saturday Adventure....

Amber said...

Love the new blog. Can't wait for your little girl to come! Brandon needs a cousin. So do Ashlyn and Leah. Hooray!!!!

Miss Myra said...

hello darling! enjoy texas my dear and congrats on the baby. you are going to be such a great lil mommy. keep in touch.

Jodi said...

Im really bummed that I wasnt there in Austin to float the river with the girls! We are loving it here in Beaumont! Its alot smaller but easier to find my way around and no spaghetti bowls! Hope all is well. Im really jealous that you dont even show yet!

Mike and Lauren said...

This was so fun! I love your blog.