Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Official!


At nine months exactly, Cali is a crawler!! For awhile there I didn't know if she was going to be one of those who skipped crawling and went straight to walking. She isn't by any means close to walking, but she just did not want to crawl. I think she went through every step imaginable. First, she look like a fish on dry ground. She would lay on her stomach and let her legs and arms flail in the air. Next, she would pull in her knees and push her butt in the air. Once she got the hang of that step, she then conquered the back and forth teeter-totter on her knees and hands. You would think the next step would be to crawl forward, but no, not for cali. Her next move was to scoot backwards. Knowing how do to this, made her think "hey, maybe I could not only scoot backwards but also push myself back to sitting up." It worked! If anything was in eyesight she was determined to get it by scooting and pushing herself backwards. Funny how she would get the things that she wanted by going backwards instead of forwards (I don't know, maybe that's a normal thing for babies). Finally, yesterday it clicked. I was playing with her on the floor, trying to make her crawl to my ipod. Something about electronics intrigues Cali more than anything else. I guess she wanted the ipod bad enough to make her crawl. I was SOOOO excited! Good thing I had my video camera charged and caught it all on tape. Sadly I don't know how to upload my videos onto my computer, so for now all I can post is a picture. Way to go Cali!! We are so proud of you:)

11 comments:

Sydney said...

Yipeeee Cali!!! Im so excited that she can crawl but very sad that she finally did it while I was away! I can wait to get there tomorrow and see her. How exciting!

Amber said...

NINE months! How the heck did that happen? She is STILL so stinking cute and I don't think 9 months is all that old for crawling. That's just perfect. Maybe she'll actually wait until she's at least a year to start walking. Cuz once that happens, whew...you won't need the gym anymore. Haha...

Can't wait to see that cute little bug. And you guys too of course!

Yamile said...

How cute! Mine were late crawlers, and by late I mean about 10, 11 months, but they were all walking weeks before their first birthdays. And Julian used to roll around to get to places. The law of the least effort!
I'm glad you had your camera handy; those videos are so fun to watch.

Stacy said...

yeah! Those milestones are so fun! Hope you are doing good in Texas!

Mike and Lauren said...

Way to go, Cali!!! She's growing so fast, I can't believe it! We miss you guys!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Haha, that's EXACTLY how wyatt was too!! I thought he was the only one!! I never though he would crawl and he would just skip that phase. Isn't it so cute seeing them crawl? I'm sure we are in for it now!!

Natalie said...

Great job Cali! Can you believe she is 9 months! She is so adorable!

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is awesome!!! Her blue blue eyes kill me everytime! I bet she can pull a fast one on Casey with those... Congrats and we will have to get them together!

K S & R said...

That's so exciting! Good job Cali! ;) She just keeps getting cuter...

chelsey said...

What an accomplishment! Way to go Cali!:) And way to go Chels for getting it on video! Way to be prepared:)

Rebekah said...

Congrats to Cali:) i can not wait for all those little milestones with my baby! ..actually, i just cant wait to have my baby:) She is just getting more beautiful...i saw that little baby wipes case craft you did off of brooke's blog...they turned out so cute, and whats funny is that i just barely bought one of those at a boutique:)
love, REbekah