Friday afternoon Casey and I made our way over to the doctor's office to get an ultrasound of Cali, but we surprisingly got more than just an ultrasound. The doctor was a little concerned with how low my amniotic fluid was and decided Cali was going to come that very day! I was a bit overwhelmed to say the least. My first thoughts were ... oh no, Casey has to get all of my overnight things and a cute outfit for Cali to wear home from the hospital!! Well I have to say he impressed me and did very well.
I arrived to the hospital immediately after the doctor's visit and was registered in at about 3:30. The nurse started the potosen at around 4 and nothing slowed down from there. I asked for the epidural as soon as possible and it was smooth sailing after that. Casey asked the nurse when she thought Cali would arrive and her prediction was around 6a.m. Boy, was she wrong!!!! Cali wasted NO time and came into the world at 10:15 p.m. She was and is the most beautiful miracle I had ever seen! I, of course, cried and cried and Casey couldn't hold them back either. She weighed in at 6lbs. 14oz. I still look at her and can't believe she fit in my stomach!
Life couldn't be better! Casey and I love Cali more than we ever thought imaginable. Heavenly Father definitely gave us the greatest blessing in life! My brother-in-law Eric said it right, "Heaven seems a little closer having her around."
36 comments:
Ah! So exciting! You look great, and Cali is just adorable! Aren't babies amazing!? I just couldn't keep from watching Porter (after I started likeing him ;) )all the time. Treasure EVERY moment! Even the ones at 2 in the morning. They get big so fast! I bet you're the best mommy! Cali is a lucky girl!
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Josh and I are way excited for you guys. It is very true, they get big so fast, so enjoy everything!
She is darling! how funny that she came the day of your shower! Congrats. I bet it's nice to be not pregnant and have her here!
Congrats guys! I'm so excited for you- she is super cute!
Cali is too cute! Can't wait to meet her and hear more about how she was born. How big was she? Hope you all are doing great, and enjoying being a little family of 3!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Picture me screaming in this room all by myself. I am SOOO excited I can't stand it. Oh oh oh, I want to hold her.
Thank you for posting pictures. POST them everyday please :) She is a BEAUTY and I can't wait to talk to you. Let me know when I can give you a call.
Yea! I am so exited for you guys! Let me know when you are up for visitors, I still have your shower present:) Hope you are feeling ok!
Yay! I can't wait to meet her!!! She is Adorable. And it sounds like it couldn't have gone any better for you guys! Woohoo!
Congrats, she's adorable.
She is beautiful!!
Nothing compares to the moments as a little baby comes into the world. She is so lucky to have you and Casey as parents! We love you so much!
Congratulations, We are so happy for you guys and so happy that everything went well with her coming 2 weeks early. All of the pictures of her are so darling. Devin and I want to come see you guys. Wow, can you believe she is really here?! Again we are so excited for you guys!
The last post that says it's from derek and nicole johnson is actually Devin and I. Devin's brother derek must have been logged into his blog on our computer so when I went to leave you a comment it was under their name. Sorry so confusing, but I just wanted to let you know that it was devin and I leaving a comment.
Kaci Johnson
WOW!!! Congrats to you both!
Congratulations! We love you guys. It's crazy to see "little Casey" with that pink band around his wrist. Great new Dad, wonderful new Mom. Good luck with everything.
Giff & Sara
Congrats!! We are so happy for you guys!! She is so dang cute! I am glad that everything went so well for you!!! Cali is adorable!!
Cali is beautiful!!! I already love her more than anything....I cant wait to meet her and see more pictures. You look great after having a baby! im very impressed......From the sound of things Cali is just like she was in your stomach. she came so quick (probably cause she couldnt ever stop moving inside of you!) I love you all.
I am so excited for you! She is such a beuatiful baby girl. I hope to be able to meet her soon. shoot me a text when you are accepting visitors so I can come over, bring your baby shower gift, and hold little, beautiful Cali. I am so glad that everything went well..Congrats!
love, rebekah
Mike and I are so so happy for youguys! We were freaking out all friday afternoon and so surprised that she came so quick after you got to the hospital. As soon as youguys have recovered enough to have people come see you we'd love to bring something to the new little Baugh in the world, so let us know! I loved the pictures and the post -- we love youguys! Congratulations!
Congrats!! That is awesome!
YAY!!! My kids can't wait to come meet their new cousin (ok 2nd cousin, but close enough). Love you!
She is perfect; congratulations to you both there is nothing better in the world! I can't wait to come see her.
TOO freaking cute! Chels, congrats I'm so excited for you guys!
SHE IS SUCH A BEAUTY!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER!!! I THINK WE ARE COMING TO VISIT YOU GUYS TOMORROW IF THAT IS OK!!?!?!? LOVE YA TONZ
i love her!! Congrats again!!!
such a cutie! congrats again too!
That is an exciting surprise!! What an adorable family you guys have. Cali is a doll!!! We hope to see you guys as soon as you are settled in and get the hang of parenthood!
She is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her. I'm glad everything went smoothly and she was so healthy! I can't believe she was that big for how tiny you were~
Good job you guys! She's a keeper! ;) We're so excited for you guys! You look great! Have so much fun you guys!!
Cheech! Oh my gosh!! I can`t believe that you had your baby already!! I`m so happy that everything went well for you! She is just darling!! Looking at those pictures makes me so excited for mine!! He should be here any day now....we`re ready for him. I am so happy for you though, seriously. Seeing those pictures just overjoyed me and got me super ready! I know being a mom is going to be great! How are you feeling now? Post delivery? Is everything going well?
Wow guys, congrats! She sure is a cute little thing. Jed and I can't wait to meet her!!
Congratulations Chelsea! I saw your blog on Mallory's. She is beautiful! :)
She is beautiful! Congrats! Isn't being a mommy the best job ever?
Congrats Casey! I am so excited for you guys. She is beautiful!
I grew up with Casey, Ryan and Doug. We are really good friends with the Jessop's
YEA!! I am so excitd for you Chelsea! She is perfect for you both! I am glad everything went well! We will have to come and see her when we are in Utah next summer for Chris's wedding! We'll keep in touch! Take lots of pictures- they grow up fast!
CHels,
c'mon I have DYING for some updated pictures!! please. I bet she looks like a whole different baby, this is not fare I live so far away :(
I agree with Kera, I want to see some more pictures too! ;)
Post a Comment