Thursday, March 25, 2010

Texas Time!

Time spent in Texas is always time well spent!! I have been looking forward to this trip for three months now. Casey wasn't able to tag along because of a work trip in hawaii (I feel sorry for him!), but Cali and I were still able to enjoy every minute of our stay. The best part about it was having the entire family back home. Brittany and Noble flew down from Ohio and even Sydney snuck away from her grueling school for a few days. Now that we have two new additions to the family, Cali and Noble, our activities stay to a minimum and mostly we just stay home relaxing and EATING!! In fact my mom made the most decadent chocolate cake you will EVER taste. I know I am pregnant and might be partial to sweets right now, but really without question anyone, even health nuts, would be drooling over this cake!!! So needless to say, the eating consisted of this delicious dessert...on more than one occasion:) NO regrets! Ok, enough about the cake...Cali absolutely loved being around the two dogs in the house, Maggie and Zoey. Maggie is a larger dog and Zoey, about the size of Cali. Because of Zoey's size, Cali felt she held the power to boss her around and constantly tell her "no". It was hilarious! Poor Zoey, I think the real reason Cali continually told her "no", was because she barks way too loud and we ourselves constantly tell her "no".

Cali also had her first experience at the Houston Zoo. We were prepping her all day to see the elephants and when we finally spotted them I think she was actually excited! Or maybe just mesmerized by their enormous size. Either way it was a great time experiencing this first for her.

Thanks family for making our trip another memorable stay in Texas. We love y'all!!!










Visiting with old high school friends. All pregnant with little girls:)




15 comments:

Sydney said...

So So Cute!!!! You have got to send me your pictures now haha. You know I can never have enough pictures of Cali and Noble. I love being the childless aunt!!! It just means I can love Cali and Noble more!!!

Brooke and Justin said...

Chels...I feel so left out of your life! AHhh.. it has been way too long since we have talked!We are way too good at playing phone tag! It looks like you and Cali had so much fun with your fam! Im glad you got to go spend time with them in Texas. Chels.... CALI is a toddler! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I am really hoping my baby and I can come visit this summer. I am missing you guys like crazy!

Unknown said...

I think I'm just going to direct everyone to you and Syd's blog for my TX trip update :). I'm too lazy to even think about doing that right now. I just barely unpacked last night. Ha Ha. I can't wait to be together again!! That was the most fun I've had in SSOO long!!!! I miss you all already. Oh, and I need all the pictures. I don't have any.

Brittany and Marcin said...

whoops! That was from me (Brittany), not Marcin.

Scott and Chelsey said...

So jealous! Got to love Texas and that zoo is amazing! You probably had great weather unlike me who roasted last summer at the zoo! We need to get together for reals!

Amber said...

Too too cute! I love all the pictures. I wish I could have "crashed" your family get together. So glad you all had fun!

chelsey said...

Ahh! Cali is getting soo big! And I'm a little jealous you were back in Texas! I kinda feel like we should be going out there again this summer as it has been our home for the last two summers! Weird!

And I LOVE your short hair!!! It fits you very well! Along with that cute prego belly! :)

Brittany and Marcin said...

Great time and great memories. I miss those two little grandbabies so much already! SO ADORABLE!
(oh, this is Grandma B posting from brittany google) haha

Errin said...

Looks so fun! I bet it was so great spending time with your cute family :) Cali is darling! She is so beautiful and just growing up so fast. Love her first haircut too

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Texas! Cali is getting so big...we definitely need to get together soon.

I'm excited that you are having another girl, Cali and her will be such great friends.

Mike and Lauren said...

Looks like so much fun!! I can't believe you'll have another little girl by the time we get back from Illinois! Crazy.

Brit said...

I love all the pics! Looks like a very fun trip:)

Alex and Anna said...

I'm glad you had a great time! your baby bump is looking so cute!! I love the pictures especially the ones with Cali in her cute little hat. Hope you are doing well!

Alex and Anna said...

p.s. your hair is sooo cute too!

Kera said...

super cute! look at your hair? when did you cut it.

can i request another belly picture soon!