Sunday, November 29, 2009

Out To Eat For Thanksgiving???






I never would have imagined our little family celebrating Thanksgiving at a restaurant!! Casey's family had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal early this year, so on the actual holiday we celebrated with just the three of us. I could have been ambitious and made a feast for us to enjoy, but I didn't. Instead we decided to dine at the delicious Glitretind at Stein Erikson! It amazed me to see how many families have the tradition of eating out for Thanksgiving. Not a bad idea if you ask me. For one, you get an INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS meal, and two, you don't have to mess with the clean up!!! The only negative would be not having the intimacy you get from having it in a nice, cozy home.

I was a little concerned about how Cali would hold up during the meal, but she did fantastic. I just made sure to keep feeding her the whole time:) I think she was a bit stuffed by the time we left. The ending definitely had to be her favorite, because she was able to indulge in all the yummy desserts! We knew she was enjoying it because she kept making this sound, "ummmm, ummmm!"

6 comments:

Sydney said...

Just reading this makes me want to go back there for their regular buffet. I can only imagine the Thanksgiving one! I love seeing the pictures (especially that last one of Cali). Looks like we really might have to get the whole family on board with this idea! :)

Amber said...

What idea is Sydney talking about? And no Chels, this is not the first Thanksgiving we have with no other family. But it's fine. The more kids I have, the less I want to battle the airport/road crowds. Now if someone wants to come to my house for Thanksgiving (hint hint), I am more than happy to oblige. Love ya!

Mike and Lauren said...

Ohhh my gosh, Cali looked so cute on Thanksgiving! I love her. Sounds like such a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving weekend!

Scott and Chelsey said...

I know! Scott's family always goes out to eat and it was so weird to me, but at least we don't spend the day cooking and cleaning! We really really need to get together!!!

Errin said...

How fun! I bet it was delicious! How nice not to have to clean everything up and a Thanksgiving meal is big for 2 and a baby. Cali is getting so big and is so darling

Alex and Anna said...

Cute pictures you look gorgeous! Cali is growing up so fast. I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving it was fun to see you guys earlier that week. Are you guys going to Texas for Christmas?