Just this morning at 7 am Casey and I returned home from one of the most incredible trips we have ever been on. Us and six other couples went and stayed at Turtle Bay on the North Shore of Kahuku, HI. This place was AMAZING!! SO lush and tropical, I loved every minute of it. Not having the girls this time around allowed us to go and explore the island. Some of our adventures included hiking up to a secluded pond where the boys got to cliff jump, eating at the most DELICIOUS Thai resturaunt called Haleiwa Eats (I could've eaten there every day!), bike riding along the coast and through tropical trails, laying out on hammocks enjoying some reading time, the spa (casey, not me. Sunburns and messages don't really mix:/), having a bon fire at the beach,surfing, eating some more, visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center, attempting to hike Waimea Valley (not enough time), and last but not least watching the Super Bowl! We will remember this trip forever. Thanks to all the couples who made it a complete blast!
The only down side to the trip was the phone call I received from Jenny our babysitter the morning after I left. She called to tell me Ava had RSV!! I was nervous, worried, scared, and sad to say the least. Being away from her felt terrible, but the doctors said her oxygen levels were perfect and were confident she would be fine. Thanks to Jenny she was fine! I couldn't ask for a more responsible, loving, and caring babysitter.
Here's a look at some of our adventures...
Summertime Sweets
4 weeks ago

9 comments:
Looks like such an amazing trip! I need a vacation away from the kids ;)
Emery has RSV too :( so sad
I have totally jumped off that waterfall too. Good for you guys it looked like a blast.
Wow! Looks like it was AMAZING! I went to BYU Hawaii....brought back lots of memories!
I kept looking at the pics you and Casey posted on facebook, and it looks like you guys had so much fun! Your trip looks amazing and it makes me long for the summer and the sun...and want to take a trip to Hawaii! The beach and cliff jumping looked like a blast :) Sorry to hear that Ava has RSV, but glad she's doing as good as she can be!
It really was such an amazing trip! We loved it, and loved being able to spend time with you guys in paradise!
I'm thinking we should write Haleiwa Eats and tell them how well they would do in Utah County, because I'm not sure I can wait till next year's trip to eat it again. So glad you loved it so much!
Anyway, we love you guys and are already looking forward to the next time! I hope Ava is feeling better!
So glad you guys got to go just the two of you. Looks like a great group and such a blast!!! Sorry about Ava having RSV that is scary but so glad she's doing good. Lots of Love to you guys!!!
Anna
Sounds heavenly! So glad you got to go. Sad to hear about Ava having RSV. Seems to hit lots of kids these days. :( Hope she's doing better now. Miss you!
Hey, I don't even know how I happened upon your blog. But I am glad I found it. Two trips to Hawaii!?! You guys are living it up. We want to do a Hawaii trip this spring. Looks like you guys are the ones to ask where to go.
It's been awhile. We'll have to get together soon!
Looks like so much fun! Ah, a vacation in the sun!
Post a Comment