This is a very late post, but I thought my family would like to see the damages to my clumsiness. For all of you who don't know ... about two weeks ago I unfortunately found my way into a hole in the ground resulting in spraining my ankle. Yikes!!! Not good timing at all. Try taking care of an infant while walking with a painful limp! The story to how a got into this mess goes like this ... Casey and I drove up to Logan on conference weekend and planned on seeing the BYU v. Utah State game Friday night. We made it to the game very late, but still got to see some exciting plays. The entire time leading up to the game I had been craving kettle corn. I absolutely love home made kettle corn! The second we finally got to our seats I had to run off to satisfy my craving. Well, I had no idea what laid in store for me. As I spotted the line leading to the kettle corn tent, I hurried my pace and joined the line. The line was long enough to reach the access road that circles the stadium. I happened to be standing on the curb alongside the road; and, when the line started to move forward I naturally stepped down on to what I thought was a flat road. I was totally wrong!!!! I stepped down into a fairly deep hole and immediately collapsed to the ground. Let me add that I loath spraining my ankles!!!!! So here I was sitting on the ground in a ball, crying over the pain. I called Casey and told him what had happened and to be honest I think he thought I was exaggerating. I had literally just left him and now claimed I couldn't walk due to a sprained ankle ... ha ha ha! The most embarrassing part was limping back to our seats. I'm sure people were very confused.
Fortunately for me the sprain healed very quickly and I was back to walking normal within three days! Thank goodness!!!

Summertime Sweets
4 weeks ago
10 comments:
ouch! I hate spraining my ankles! Glad you are doing better!
Oh Chels! That was so sad! I think we were all a little confused when Casey told us what happened! I am so glad that it healed so quick!!
Thanks again for letting us stay at your house! It was tons of fun and Cali is such a beautiful little baby!!!
Hey chelsea! Its so fun to read your blog! Hey, our first volleyball game is Tuesday at 8:15 in the RB 138 court A. Email me at KirstenBham@gmail.com and I'll send you the full schedule. Hope you can make it! Thanks!
oh my goodness. i couldnt help but laugh. Glad it got better so fast.
oh and it brought back memories of our family vacation to disney world when you had a bum ankle and I gave you a piggy back ride to the car hahah
Oh! That sounds horrible! I've never sprained an ankle--but it doesn't look like fun! Glad you are up and walking again! I hope you made Casey carry you around the house for a couple days!
Ouch! Glad you're doing better!
the saddest part of the story is that you didn't get your kettle corn. boo.
Have you ever tried the white chocolate kettle corn. SOOO good.
Girl, you're a mess. I might risk a sprained ankle for some kettle corn too though. And white chocolate kettle corn sounds SUPER yummy!
I think this was a curse for not calling us to come see Cali while you were in Logan! haha I'm just kidding. But seriously.
Awe, Chelsea. Brings back many memories of sprained ankles during high school!!! Pretty ankle!!!
mom
Post a Comment